For most cases, but not all***, a standard $40 Diagnostic Fee ($80 for liquid damaged computers) is due for each computer dropped off and left with Mac Nurse for service.
When a computer is dropped for for service, a customer’s initial diagnostic fee includes the following services:
1. A full diagnosis of each unique computer’s software and hardware. This typically takes 24-48 hours from the date and time of initial drop-off.
2. An itemized Diagnostic Report and follow-up Estimate for repairs.
3. A professional Tune-Up of your computer’s OS + Hard Drive - if your HD is functional. (Malware, if present, must be removed prior to HD Tune-Up).
4. One 30-minute appointment when you drop off your computer. This appointment allows for 30-minutes of information gathering for things we’ll need, like your passwords, assistance in filling out the Mac Nurse Intake Form, and a brief conversation about how our repair process works.
5. One 30-minute “post-op” consultation with the Mac Nurse when you pickup your computer.
***For basic hardware repairs (especially for previously discussed screen repairs/replacements, power adapter purchases, battery installations, RAM upgrades, etc…), neither a diagnostic/intake fee, nor a 30-minute “post-op” Mac Nurse consultation at the time of pick up is required. If you are uncertain whether or not your computer repair concerns require our standard diagnostic/intake service, please call us (not email) at 802-472-1727.
Each repair and computer upgrade is unique, and Mac Nurse will be providing you with a written Estimate with an itemized list of all necessary and recommended repairs and upgrade option prior to any work being performed. Once you approve your Estimate, repairs and upgrades to your computer will begin within 24 hours. Typical turnaround times are 1-2 business days (24-48 hours) from date of Estimate approval.
Although some repairs and upgrades can be repaired with same-day service, the majority of repairs and upgrades are either next-day or 48-hours from a customer’s acceptance of the Estimate we’ll send you. If a computer is going to take longer than 48-hours to complete, this will either be noted in your initial Estimate or discussed when we connect over email or phone about your computer’s servicing.
Can’t be without a computer for longer than a day??? No problem! We’ve got a nice variety of MacBook Pros you can rent for as little as $5/day. If your computer is coming in for a Warranty Repair, complimentary loaner MacBook Pros are available, too!
When scheduling an appointment at Mac Nurse, you’ll likely be chatting with Ashley, our trusty Office Manager, either by phone, email, or in person. She’ll be taking care of you during your initial inquiry and will also most likely be present at your drop-off appointment if your computer is in need of repair. Ashley will be assisting you with filling in the Mac Nurse Intake Form, during which time she’ll need to confirm certain passwords and login credentials with you so that we can repair your computer and get it running like new again. Although she is very well trained in performing her job for intakes and drop-offs, she is not trained in answering tech-support questions. If you’re looking for tech-support (instead of, or in a addition to, dropping off for repair) be sure to ask Ashley to schedule a date and time for a 60-minute, 90-minute, or 120-minute consultation appointment to meet with the Mac Nurse himself, Perry.
Zone A: Less than 7 miles from Stowe or Hardwick: $0 Free
Zone B : 7-15 miles from Mac Nurse Office: $30
Zone C : 20-30 miles from Mac Nurse Office: $45
Zone D : 30-50 miles from Mac Nurse Office: $60
Zone E : 60-90 miles from Mac Nurse Office: $90
Zone F : 90+ miles from Mac Nurse Office: $120+
$75/hour at both the Stowe and/or Hardwick office, billed in 30-minute increments
$75/hour for Mac Nurse Tech Support via phone and/or screenshare, billed in 30-minute increments
$90/hour on-location at your home or business billed in 30-minute increments. There is a 1-hour minimum for zone A, and a 2-hour minimum for zones B-F.
One-on-One Tech Support: Your computer is working beautifully and perfectly, but you wish to know how to use it more effectively. Perhaps there are some aspects of your Mac that you’d like to be more fluent with. This is an excellent opportunity for one-on-one tech support with Mac Nurse. Click HERE to schedule this type of appointment.
Drop-off for Repair: If any aspect of your computer isn’t working properly, or is behaving poorly or erratically, then it should be dropped off for a professional diagnosis and repair. Some typical examples include:
Your trackpad doesn’t work
Your battery won’t hold a charge
Your computer doesn’t turn on
Your OS won’t upgrade or update
Your Mac starts up but won’t boot up all the way
Your computer is slow
Your cursor moves erratically
Your screen is black
Your keyboard doesn’t fully work
Your Mac has annoying pop-up windows
Some people find the process quite easy, while others have voiced frustration. No worries! All you have to do is call Mac Nurse at 802-472-1727 (this is a landline and does not receive texts) and we can find out what your needs are, what type of appointment would be best for you, and then we can easily have you come in right away, or schedule something for a date in the upcoming future. It's as easy as a phone call away. If calling on the phone doesn't fit into your lifestyle, then you may also email Mac Nurse THREE dates/times you’d like to schedule an appointment. In the email, be sure to let us know what your computer concerns are so we can schedule the right type of appointment for you.
1. Your computer and power cord.
2. Your mobile phone.
3. External Hard Drives and/or backup systems for your computer.
Mondays and Fridays in Hardwick, and Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in Stowe are typically available days/locations for unscheduled drop-ins. Ashley, Mac Nurse’s Office Manager, will be happy to see you when you come in for a drop-off anytime between 9am and 6pm (sometimes we leave early). Keep in mind that there are times when we are out for lunch or walking Trevor (the dog), so dropping in will not always yield perfectly positive results. If you’re looking for a 100% guarantee that we’ll be in when you decide you’d like to grace us with your Mac woes, it’s ideal to schedule an appointment. By scheduling a meeting for a Drop-off, Quick Pickup, or One-on-One Tech-Support Consultation, you can be assured that when you come in to the office, the time you have booked is exclusively held just for you. Either way, we’d love to be here for you and will do our best to meet the needs of our existing clients and new customers, too!
Mac Nurse has been in operation exclusively in Hardwick since 2011. Most of the 5000+/- people who own Macs in the greater Hardwick area have seen Mac Nurse already and have had their most pressing issues resolved. By expanding into the Stowe area, we are able to stay in business, meet the tech support needs of new and existing customers, and be able to keep our doors open for a full-time operation. Mondays and Fridays in Hardwick seems to be the perfect amount of Hardwick-based hours to address most of the Hardwick area residents’ needs. If a Stowe-based customer needs immediate support on a Monday or a Friday, we welcome you to visit our beautiful office space in downtown Hardwick anytime. Should a Hardwick-based MAC-mergency arise on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, Mac Nurse can oftentimes arrange to see customers at the Hardwick office ether at the start of the day in the morning, or at the end of the day in the evening (by special appointment). Should the concern be more serious or immediate, Mac Nurse welcomes all Hardwick area customers to come and visit the new Stowe office anytime. We’d love to see you there, too. Mac Nurse LOVES Hardwick! After all, that’s why he calls it his home!
When and if available, appointments can sometimes be scheduled at the Mac Nurse office in Hardwick on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday at 8:30am or 6:00pm (and sometimes earlier or later depending on circumstance) by reaching Mac Nurse on the phone. So sorry that these are not able to be scheduled over email or through our online booking calendar, but only via phone by reaching Mac Nurse at 802-472-1727 (landline not mobile, do not text). If we are unable to answer your call, please leave a voicemail with your full name, phone number, email address, and 2-3 options for dates/times that you would like to meet with Mac Nurse. We will either call you back, email you back, or simply book the appointment for you and you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your booked appointment.
If you’re kind, nice, and respectful towards us, we will be the same towards you. If you are mean and nasty, you will receive very poor customer service, indeed. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction, and our reviews and testimonials reflect our strong values in customer service and satisfaction. See for yourself here and on our Facebook Page. People have so many great things to say about us and we’re quite proud of this. We wouldn’t wish for it to be anything other than an amazing experience for all parties involved (including us!). But, we can’t always please every customer in every way no matter how hard we try, and try we do!
It is true that when/if a customer behaves unprofessionally and disrespectfully towards us, we will likely react in a way that some may deem unsatisfactory. In these circumstance, we will either ask the customer to leave and take their business to a different establishment, or we will reflect back to said customer, the same bad attitude, and it will be quite unpleasant. Mac Nurse has a zero tolerance policy for bad behavior on the part of the customer, and we don’t take sh*t from nobody ;-)
Life is too short for us to deal with irate/irrational customers, so if you think you can come in with your guns slinging, throwing a tantrum like a 5-year-old when you don’t get your way, yet not receive some attitude back, we recommend finding a different Mac repair shop to bring your problems to.
If you’re interested in a more-than-satisfactory experience, and leaving happy and fulfilled with your computer running better than ever, please let us know by behaving kindly towards us, and we are so happy to offer the same in return.
1. Book an appointment online: Click here to book an appointment
2. Call Mac Nurse: 802-472-1727
3. Email Mac Nurse three dates/times you’d like to schedule an appointment
Below is the more detailed version of how to schedule an appointment with Mac Nurse:
1. Click here to schedule a date and time. (This online scheduler is the fastest and most effective way to schedule an appointment). Simply choose the FIRST item on the list of services: "Appointment to Drop-off your computer for Diagnosis, Upgrades, and/or Repairs (30 minute block)" to schedule your appointment and consider it officially booked. Be sure to click on the “Book My Appointment” button at the very end to CONFIRM the details and officially book your appointment. You will receive a confirmation email once this is complete. If you do not receive a confirmation email, then you have not successfully booked an appointment.
2. Call the Mac Nurse at 802-472-1727 to have any quick questions about appointments answered, and schedule a date and time for an appointment. If you are looking for a SAME-DAY appointment or an appointment for later in the future than 14 days away, calling on the phone is the only way to do it. If we are not able to answer, please let us know the best number and time to call you back and your call will be returned as soon as possible. If you would like to arrange a meeting at the Hardwick office on a day other than a Monday, it is often possible, and requires reaching Mac Nurse by phone to make special arrangements. Call the Mac Nurse at 802-472-1727.
3. Email Mac Nurse with no less than three date/time combinations to choose amongst. If any of your dates/times are available, you will receive a confirmation email confirming one of those times.
There are 3 easy ways to schedule aone-on-one consulting and tech support appointment with Mac Nurse:
1. Click here to book an appointment to schedule a date and time. (This online scheduler is the fastest and most effective way to schedule an appointment). Simply choose the item from the list of services that meets your needs best (60-minutes, 90-minutes, 120-minutes, etc…). Be sure to click on the “Book My Appointment” button at the very end to CONFIRM the details and officially book your appointment. You will receive a confirmation email once this is complete. If you do not receive a confirmation email, then you have not successfully booked an appointment.
2. Call the Mac Nurse at 802-472-1727 to have any quick questions answered, and schedule a date and time for an appointment. If you are looking for a SAME-DAY appointment or an appointment for later in the future than 14 days away, calling on the phone is the only way to do it. If we are not able to answer, please let us know the best number and time to call you back and your call will be returned as soon as possible. If you would like to arrange a meeting at the Hardwick office on a day other than a Monday, it is often possible, and requires reaching Mac Nurse by phone to make special arrangements. Call the Mac Nurse at 802-472-1727.
3. Email Mac Nurse with no less than three date/time combinations to choose amongst. If any of your dates/times are available, you will receive a confirmation email confirming one of those times.
Should you need to reschedule or cancel your existing appointment with Mac Nurse (12 hours or further in advance), there are several free and easy ways to do this: (Mac Nurse has a $30 Cancellation Policy for no-shows or cancellations made within 12 hours of scheduled appointments).
1. Click on the link for “Reschedule” or the link for “Cancel Appointment” that is located on the lower right side of the ORIGINAL email that was sent to you when your appointment was first scheduled. (Please see photo below of what this will look like and where these links are located).
2. Contact Mac Nurse with no less than THREE date/time combinations to choose from. If any of your requested dates/times are available, you will receive a confirmation email confirming one of those times.
3. Call the Mac Nurse at 802-472-1727 to have any quick questions about appointments answered, and re-schedule a date and time for a new appointment. If you are looking for a SAME-DAY appointment or an appointment for later in the future than 9 days away, calling on the phone is the only way to do it! If we are not able to answer, please let us know the best number and time to call you back and your call will be returned asap.
PO Box 181
Hardwick, VT 05843
Parts and service for previous repairs are covered by Mac Nurse’s unbeatable 1-Year Limited Warranty.
If you are lucky enough to possess a Mac Nurse refurbished and warrantied Mac, then you’ll be happy to know that this, too, comes with its very own, special 1-Year Warranty! To learn more about Mac Nurse’s 1-Year Limited Warranty for Macs purchased directly from us, click HERE.
Yes. However, many times people believe their battery needs replacing because it does not seem to hold a satisfactory charge anymore. Sometimes it is quite simple and true that your MacBook's battery is getting old and needs replacing, but sometimes it can be due to other factors outside of the battery’s overall health such as your computer’s charge port, your power adapter, your MacBook's logic board, malware/viruses, software conflicts, and general user error. If these aspects are not diagnosed or looked at by Mac Nurse, then you may experience your new battery performing as disappointingly as your original battery. Therefore it is strongly advised to have your computer in for a complete diagnosis before having a new battery installed. Note: Batteries installed without a full examination of your computer are not returnable.
First instance of malware, bloatware, or virus: $60
Two-to-six instances of malware, bloatware, or virus: $90
Maximum charge for malware, bloatware, or virus removal: $150 for 7 or more instances of malware or virus
$40: Backup to a customer’s existing provided External Hard Drive (does not include cost for reformatting or creating enough space to perform a backup)
$110: Backup to a 1TB External Hard Drive purchased from the Mac Nurse. Cost includes all formatting, partitioning, and professional backup of your complete system and dare before and after services are performed
$135: Backup to a 2TB External Hard Drive purchased from the Mac Nurse. Cost includes all formatting, partitioning, and professional backup of your complete system and dare before and after services are performed
$165: Backup to a 4TB External Hard Drive purchased from the Mac Nurse. Cost includes all formatting, partitioning, and professional backup of your complete system and dare before and after services are performed
Yes. There are several options for you to purchase a new or used Power Adapter:
1. You may purchase an official Apple MagSafe Power Adapter from www.apple.com and Apple will ship you a new adapter for $79.00 with Free Shipping for 2-3 days delivery time (or +$17 for next-day Shipping). Your Warranty will be for ONE YEAR and serviceable only by Apple by contacting Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE.
2. Mac Nurse is proud to sell reliable and high quality non-oem MagSafe Power Adapters for $65-$85 which include a ONE YEAR Warranty through Mac Nurse for free repair (if repairable) or free replacement (if non-repairable) within 365 days of purchase.
3. Mac Nurse often times has available, pre-owned oem and non-oem MagSafe Power Adapters at a discounted rate of $20-$55 depending on overall physical condition. These come with a 90-day Mac Nurse Warranty. Please call or email for further inquiry into current stock and availability if you would like to acquire a pre-owned Power Adapter.
Thank you for understanding that since Mac Nurse is not an Apple Authorized Retailer we cannot sell official Apple MagSafe Power Adapters with Apple's one year warranty.
If you would like to purchase a Power Adapter from Mac Nurse, please feel free to contact Mac Nurse anytime and schedule a date and time to come visit us at either our Hardwick or Stowe location so we can help get you and your Mac back up and running asap.
If you would like to make sure that the computer you acquire is spec’d out correctly to meet your long term needs and you desire assistance in ordering a new Mac, we will happily schedule an appointment with you for a 1-Hour Consult to get you connected with the perfect computer.
Mac Nurse Buyers’ Assistance Program is a service Mac Nurse offers for consultation and guidance in acquiring a brand new Mac computer. For a one-time charge of $60, Mac Nurse will consult with you for up to one hour either by phone or in person, and will help you acquire and purchase the perfect computer that will best meet your long-term needs at the best price – nothing more, nothing less. In most cases, your computer will be ready for you within about 1-5 days (or 1-2 weeks for custom builds). Apple Warranty and AppleCare Extended Warranty for new computers will be through APPLE, Inc. Most customers save between $200-$800 by consulting with Mac Nurse in their quest for purchasing a new Mac.
Click BOOK AN APPOINTMENT to schedule a meeting date and time. Simply choose the item on the list of services titled: Buyer’s Assistance Program (60 minute block) to schedule your appointment and consider it officially booked.
Authoritatively, no. If you place your device in a bag/box/bowl of rice, what this will do is get rice all over the inside and outside of your device. It will increase the cost of repair since we will have to spend extra time cleaning off rice that is stuck to all of the parts of your computer. If you do have the misfortune of getting your device wet, please see Mac Nurse Tech Tip #16 for best practices to ensure your device can be affordably repaired and survive such an unfortunate mishap!
No. Apple Authorized repair centers generally move as slowly as the typical bureaucracy that manages them. Apple Stores are notorious for disseminating misinformation about what is or is not repairable, as well as the associated costs. Oftentimes, Apple Authorized repair centers and Apple Stores are caught charging upwards of a thousand dollars for repairs that should cost $100! Turnaround times at many Apple Authorized locations are likely 2-3 weeks (as opposed to 1-2 days here at Mac Nurse) and costs will usually be 2x-3x as much as Mac Nurse charges. For Warranty repairs, though, they are your best (and only) choice if you're looking to have your computer diagnosed and repaired for free using your AppleCare or AppleCare+ Warranty.
If you need to see a specialist at an Apple Authorized repair center, here is a short list of the nearest Apple authorized facilities:
SMALL DOG ELECTRONICS
100 DORSET ST.
SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT 05403
SYSTEMS PLUS COMPUTERS
LEBANON, NH 03766
LAKES REGION COMPUTER
CENTER HARBOR, NH 03226
KEENE, NH 03431
RUTLAND, VT 05701
Although Mac Nurse DOES repair and sell most Mac products (MacBooks, MacBook Pros, iMacs, MacMinis), and we DO offer tech-support for iPads and iPhones, at this time, Mac Nurse does not offer repair or replacement of these devices. Mac Nurse is always happy to provide tech support, instructions, and consultations about how to use/sync/work/optimize all of the latest features of your iPhone and iPad, we do not offer physical repair services on these devices.
For physical hardware repairs, Mac Nurse currently recommends IZZYTECH in Montpelier. Their reputation for reliable and professional iPhone and iPad repairs and sales is second to none.
IZZYTECH specializes in the following iPad and iPhone services:
● Screen replacements
● Battery replacements
● Charge Port repairs
● Microphone and speaker repairs
● Headphone jack repairs
● General iPad, iPhone, and iPod repairs
To reach Mac Nurse, you can either email us, call us, or click the link for CONTACT. We are so happy to meet all of your needs using one of these communication methods. Although we encourage customers to reach out for support any day / any time, we thank you for understanding that Mac Nurse does not communicate with customers via text message. Important Note: Our contact telephone is a landline and not a mobile number.
For the best in Apple computer service, repairs, and tech support, as well as the fastest turnaround time in Vermont, people keep choosing Mac Nurse time and time again. Mac Nurse is proud to be serving the greater Vermont community since 2011. Want to see what others are saying about Mac Nurse? Click HERE!