A standard $40 Diagnostic Fee is due for each computer dropped off with Mac Nurse. This Diagnostic Fee (when applicable) provides you with these 5 things:
1. A full diagnosis of each unique computer’s software and hardware.
2. An itemized Diagnostic Report and follow-up Estimate for repairs.
3. A professional Tune-Up of your computer’s OS + Hard Drive (if your HD is functional). Malware (if present) must be removed prior to HD Tune-Up.
4. A complimentary 30-minute appointment to drop off your computer. This appointment allows for 30 minutes of information gathering for information we will need such as: Your device's password(s) or passcode(s), Apple ID and Apple ID password, pertinent email addresses and their passwords, a brief conversation about the Mac Nurse repair process, and the filling out of the Mac Nurse Intake and Agreement Form.
5. A complimentary 30-minute “post-op” professional consultation with Mac Nurse when you pick up your computer. (This post-op 30-minute session is voluntary, complimentary, non-transferrable, and is valid only at the time of pickup if you find it desirable or helpful). This post-op session is designed to re-orient you to your repaired and/or upgraded computer, as well as provide 30 minutes of complimentary one-on-one Tech-Support with Mac Nurse. It should be understood that time spent together beyond these (2) included 30-minute sessions is considered billable consulting time. For some basic hardware repair jobs (Screen Repairs, Battery Installations, RAM Installations, etc…), neither a $40 Diagnostic Fee, a 30-minute drop-off session, nor a 30-minute post-op Mac Nurse consultation at the time of pick up is required.
Note: All open Applications and Documents will be closed, and your computer’s Trash will be emptied.
Mac Nurse will need your computer’s Master/Admin/User Account Password(s) in order to perform repairs. The majority of repairs on most systems will also require Mac Nurse to have your Apple® ID and Apple® ID Password. If you do not know this information in advance, Mac Nurse can assist you in acquiring this information during our consulting time together at drop off.
Upgrades to your Apple® Computer’s Operating System (O.S.), a clean installation of an O.S. on your computer, or installation of a new Hard Drive mayresult in 3rd party software functionality issues including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, QuickBooks, Quicken, games, and printer/scanner drivers. MS Office will almost always require re-authorization with your original Purchase Product Key or Office 365 Login information after a new Hard Drive is installed. Mac Nurse does not guarantee any 3rd party software on your computer to be compatible with any current, future, or previous O.S. Ideally, you will drop off peripherals such as printers, scanners, relevant software Serial Numbers, Subscription or Login Information, and/or Microsoft Purchase Product Keys along with your computer during upgrades and repairs.
All services performed by Mac Nurse shall be guaranteed and warrantied for 90 days. Mac Nurse is not an Apple® Authorized service technician. Technical support rendered by Mac Nurse may void manufacturers’ warranties for your computer system, including AppleCare® Extended Warranty.
All outstanding balances due shall be remitted to Mac Nurse upon receipt, return, and/or delivery of a customer’s computer(s) and device(s). Cancelling or rescheduling within 12-hours of a scheduled meeting, or failure to show up at a scheduled meeting will result in a $30 cancellation charge. Repairs left with Mac Nurse must be picked up within either 30 days of initial equipment drop-off or 30 days of final work completion. Should the customer opt to not pick up his/her computer(s), device(s) and/or accessories, the customer’s equipment may be repossessed, disposed of, or resold by Mac Nurse after these 30 days have passed. Mac Nurse is proud to offer one of the most affordable hourly rates and the fastest turnaround times for professional Apple® support available in the state of Vermont. Honoring this agreement will help keep this valuable resource available for all who desire local, affordable, reliable, and professional Apple® support and service.