RATES FOR SERVICE AND REPAIR:
On average, most repairs end up being between $40 - $200, but a major repair and upgrade package could be more than that ($300, $400, $500+) depending on your specific computing needs. Hardware and software repairs are billed according to the labor performed and parts installed, and not usually by an hourly rate. Hourly rates are reserved largely for one-on-one tech-support.
Prior to any major work being performed on your computer, an Estimate is provided to all customers.
Want to know what’s the difference between One-on-One Tech-Support and Repair? Click HERE.
RATES FOR ONE-ON-ONE CONSULTATIONS AND TECH-SUPPORT:
At the Mac Nurse Office in Stowe or Hardwick: $75/hour
Over the Phone Tech-Support: $75/hour
On-Location: $90/hour at your home or business (+Travel)
Up to 10 miles from Mac Nurse Office: free
Zone A : 10-15 mi. from Mac Nurse Office: $30
Zone B : 15-30 mi. from Mac Nurse Office: $45
See Mac Nurse FAQs for additional travel charges.
When dropping off for repair, a customer’s initial Intake fee of $40 includes the following 5 services:
● A full diagnosis of each unique computer’s software and hardware.
● A complete and detailed Estimate of all potential repair costs.
● A professional Tune-Up of your computer’s OS + Hard Drive (if your HD is functional). Malware, if present, must be removed prior to HD Tune-Up.
● One 30-minute appointment when you drop off your computer. This appointment allows for 30-minutes of information gathering for things we will need such as your passwords, assistance in filling out the Mac Nurse Intake Form, and a brief conversation about the Mac Nurse repair process.
● A complimentary 30-minute consultation and tech support session with Mac Nurse when you come to pick up your computer.
Note: For basic hardware repairs that do not require a diagnosis (screen repairs, power adapter purchases, previously discussed/diagnosed battery installations, RAM upgrades, etc…), neither a diagnostic/intake fee, nor a 30-minute “post-op” Mac Nurse consultation at the time of pick-up is required.
If you would like to learn even more about what things costs and what services are available, click HERE.