A standard $40 Diagnostic Fee, payable by check, is due for each computer dropped off for Mac Nurse. This Diagnostic Fee provides you with:
1. A full diagnosis of each unique computer’s software and hardware.
2. An itemized Diagnostic Report and follow-up Estimate for repairs within 2-3 business days in most cases.
3. A professional Tune-Up of your computer’s OS + Hard Drive (if your HD is functional). Malware (if present) must be removed prior to HD Tune-Up.
4. A complimentary 30-minute phone appointment to confirm details on the Intake Form that we will need to repair and diagnose your computer.
5. A complimentary 30-minute “post-op” professional consultation with Mac Nurse when you opt to pick up your computer in Hardwick or Stowe. Although pickup in Newport is possible, it does not come with this free post-op appointment. (This post-op 30-minute session is voluntary, complimentary, non-transferrable, and is valid only at the time of pickup in Stowe or Hardwick if you find it desirable or helpful). This post-op session is designed to re-orient you to your repaired and/or upgraded computer, as well as provide 30 minutes of complimentary one-on-one Tech-Support with Mac Nurse. It should be understood that time spent together beyond this 30-minute session is considered billable consulting time.
Note: All open Applications and Documents will be closed, and your computer’s Trash will be emptied.
Mac Nurse will need your computer’s Master/Admin/User Account Password(s) in order to perform repairs. The majority of repairs on most systems will also require Mac Nurse to have your Apple® ID and Apple® ID Password. If you do not know this information in advance, Mac Nurse can assist you in acquiring this information during our consulting time together at drop off.
Upgrades to your Apple® Computer’s Operating System (O.S.), a clean installation of an O.S. on your computer, or installation of a new Hard Drive may result in 3rd party software functionality issues including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, QuickBooks, Quicken, games, and printer/scanner drivers. MS Office will almost always require re-authorization with your original Purchase Product Key or Office 365 Login information after a new Hard Drive is installed. Mac Nurse does not guarantee any 3rd party software on your computer to be compatible with any current, future, or previous O.S. Ideally, you will drop off peripherals such as printers, scanners, relevant software Serial Numbers, Subscription or Login Information, and/or Microsoft Purchase Product Keys along with your computer during upgrades and repairs.
All services performed by Mac Nurse shall be guaranteed and warrantied for 90 days. Mac Nurse is not an Apple® Authorized service technician. Technical support rendered by Mac Nurse may void manufacturers’ warranties for your computer system, including AppleCare® Extended Warranty(s).
It is understood that although we will all do our best to protect and safeguard your computer during its various stages of handling during drop-off, pickup, and repair, neither Mac Nurse nor The Front Desk will be held liable for hardware or software losses due to break-in, theft, or physical damage to your computer(s) due to variables outside of the reasonable and professional control of Mac Nurse and The Front Desk of Newport.
In order to receive your products back, all outstanding balances will need to be remitted to Mac Nurse using a credit card or a bank transfer through the Mac Nurse Quickbooks online payment portal which you will receive a notice via email. Repairs left with Mac Nurse must be picked up or reacquired by the customer within either 30 days of initial equipment drop-off or 30 days of final work completion. Should the customer opt to not pick up his/her computer(s), device(s) and/or accessories, the customer’s equipment may be repossessed, disposed of, or resold by Mac Nurse after these 30 days have passed.
Mac Nurse is proud to offer one of the most affordable hourly rates and the fastest turnaround times for professional Apple® support available in the state of Vermont. Honoring this agreement will help keep this valuable resource available for all who desire local, affordable, reliable, and professional Apple® support and service.